Deliciously light and creamy, super easy to make and packed full of Terry’s signature chocolate orange flavour, this cheesecake makes the perfect pudding for any occasion!
I found myself buying quite a few Terry’s Chocolate Oranges over Christmas. I used one for my Baileys Chocolate Orange Cupcakes back in November, but each time I bought another, it seemed to mysteriously disappear from my kitchen cupboard…
Well, this mystery didn’t take long to solve. It was my sneaky fiancé! So this time, I had to choose a better hiding spot!
Luckily I got away with it long enough to make and photograph this tasty no-bake cheesecake.
This is the first cheesecake on The Sweet Taste Bakery blog. A no-bake cheesecake, to be exact. I know that New York cheesecake is on my baking bucket list, and I will definitely get to it, but just try this cheesecake and you’ll understand.
I loved making it. You’ll love making it. So without further ado, here is my latest recipe…
200g Digestive biscuits
30g brown sugar
300ml double cream
600g full fat cream cheese
1tsp vanilla extract
100g Terry’s Chocolate Orange segments
50g cocoa powder
1/2tsp orange extract
100g icing sugar
50g Terry’s Chocolate Orange
10 Terry’s Chocolate Orange segments
- Start by lightly greasing an 8-inch springform or loose bottom cake tin with a thin layer of butter, and line the bottom with greaseproof paper (baking parchment).
- Place the Digestive biscuits into a food processor and pulse into fine crumbs, or add to a small bag and crush with a rolling pin. Add the brown sugar and mix thoroughly. Melt the butter in the microwave and mix with the crumbs. Tip into your prepared cake tin and press down firmly. Place in the fridge while you make the cheesecake mixture.
- Melt the Terry’s Chocolate Orange segments in the microwave 30 seconds at a time, then set aside to cool slightly. Using a hand-held or stand mixer, whisk the double cream, cream cheese, orange extract and vanilla extract on a high speed until smooth. Scrape down the bowl, sift in the cocoa powder and icing sugar and whisk again. Scrape the bowl to make sure all the ingredients are well incorporated, then add the melted chocolate and whisk until lovely and thick.
- Take your cake tin out of the fridge, pour in the cheesecake mixture and smooth the top with a spoon or palette knife. Cover your cheesecake with foil or cling film, and chill in the fridge for 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Before taking your cheesecake out of the fridge, prepare your decoration. Melt the Terry’s Chocolate Orange in the microwave 30 seconds at a time, then set aside to cool. Once the chocolate reaches room temperature, remove your cheesecake from the fridge and from its tin. Pour the cooled chocolate into a piping bag and drizzle on top of the cheesecake. Top with the remaining Terry’s Chocolate Orange segments, cut your cheesecake into slices and serve!
Not sure you can manage a whole cheesecake in one setting? Don’t panic – cover and keep in the fridge for up to four days.
Do you want to see more cheesecake recipes on The Sweet Taste Baker blog? Let me know your favourite flavours in the comments below!